Friday, July 16, 2010

I'm in Love with a French...

settee or anything French for that matter.  I love the curves and lines of this French Settee:


This piece made me really stop and just stare at the beauty of it when I first saw the picture of it.  And to know that is is signed and dates back to 1780 is just amazing.  What a wonderful find.  You can read more about it here.

Then, I came across this French Home and Garden site and they had such lovely things for sale, all French of course as they bring containers back from France.  Just take a look at all their lovelies:


Look at the multi-drawer cabinet in the corner!

These things are just absolutely beautiful in this picture.

And the curves on the legs of this French Bistro table, industrial cool.

Another lovely table with gorgeous concrete pieces below it.  Love the zinc top on this table.  I could spend many many hours at this shop.

Have a lovely Friday and weekend too. 

6 comments:

sweetpea said...

what fabulous eye candy. I love it all.

hugs,

shelley

Rust: Vintage Inspired Design said...

Your blog looks awesome....I'll be back!
xojanis

sadienstella said...

I recently passed up a beautiful old French settee at a local thrift store. There were several cracks in the brushed gold wood. After seeing your photos, I'm tempted to go back now and if it is still there adopt it and bring it home. Thanks for sharing your great photos and thoughts!

Robyn said...

I'm in LUST with those tables!

Trouvais said...

Just discovered your blog...nice to see my settee getting around! LOVE everything...we are birds of a feather. Merci! Trish

The Rustic Victorian said...

Wonderful,,,Ya know I give up,,,I'm not getting a thing done today...lol...
*M*